For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Coaching Nation of 145-157 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW.
The term ‘Company’ or ‘us‘ or ‘we’ refers to Coaching Nation. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of the Website.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website at http://www.coachingnation.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, posting material or requesting further services, eg name and job title, contact information including address, email address, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests and other information required for payment, full registration or relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Coaching Nation, and when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research and evaluation purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your online activity if you sign into the members’ area of the Website for monitoring and security purposes.
Coaching Nation reserves the right to audit user activity on all pages of the Website for various purposes including but not limited to marketing, 3rd party advertisements and their placement, in order to improve usability, user density tracking etc. However no user specific information will be collected or stored and all such information collected will be anonymous in nature.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service including in the following ways:
- For internal record keeping.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you or for market research purposes and we or they may contact you about these by [post or telephone].
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Information supplied on the coaching forms and relating to the advice we have given to you may be used on an anonymous basis by Coaching Nation now or in the future to help develop and enhance the services provided and the Website, for example as case studies and to develop software and further programmes.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Coaching Nation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Coaching Nation, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.